This page focuses on Facebook It is the largest social media site, with almost 3 billion active users. It is especially important in Belize, where many businesses and organizations do not have any other web presence, or not much. If you don’t do any of the others, you should belong to Facebook.
We also recommend that you create a page for your business or interest, and post sale information or other current events there. We can link from your website to your Facebook page, and then you can also link from your Facebook page to your website.
Important Tip: Create a Facebook Page for your business or organization. Do NOT use your personal FB profile for that. There are several reasons for this.
- Using your own profile as your business or organization page violates Facebook’s Terms of Service.
- Also, your profile has to be the same name you use in everyday life, or you are also violating FB’s Terms of Service.
- FB can terminate your account for that. This is bad enough for you as an individual, but very damaging to the work you have put in building up your business or organization.
- Creating a business page gives you access to lots of FB tools to help you grow your business, including posting your hours, a Google map to locate your business, and how your customers are connecting with you.
- In most cases, you should not create a Group for your FB business, either. That’s for hobbies and interests, where the real purpose is discussion among many people.
- If you have a business page on FB, it makes it much easier for us to create for you a Free Listing on Corozal.bz.
Facebook has a set of good videos on how to set up and use a business page. See it here: Get Started with Pages
Here are some examples of Facebook Pages for Businesses and Organizations in Corozal:
Also, go to the Listings page on Corozal.bz and take a look at the categories that fit your business. This way you can get an idea of what your competitors are doing on Facebook.